Yesterday did some work on this MTS SL+ module. it’s a great module, but the tonestack was a bit funky. Added a bit of gain and gain shaping, modded the tonestack and voilá .. a tone monster!
Super happy with these panels …. look at them!
Next job drilling the front and back chassis for all the controls.
Two chassis ready… and tomorrow the faceplates are coming… can’t wait!
Drilling more holes for the output transformer and installed some rubber gommets for the wires.
Working on the Chassis with the kids. Mounting the power transformer and tube sockets.
Totally thrilled today when Aya showed the wood for the cabinet. It’s a beautiful piece of Wengé featuring a perfect black grain.
For this amp I searched for a woodworking artist and I am very glad I found Aya Magdelijns though a old friend of mine. Aya and I met and talked about all types of woods and the look and feel I am aiming for. So we are going to shy away from mahony and any kind of reddish wood that would make it look warm and cosy, or antique. I want this to look modern, yet artistic with a dark character.
She has a portofolio on her website, go visit her:
Here’s the preamp design. It’s a 2, 3, and 4 stage design for three voices.
Working on the front and back panels…
Today I installed the counter to launch.. Counting untill the 1st of May 2017 to present the amplifier… from now on bits and pieces will be assembled and slowly more details about this amp will be published..